Does anyone know where to get civilian medical training or a tccc course in Washington State?

Views: 97

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can check with your local fire departments. Also check with the Red Cross for free training. There is also courses like Stop The Bleed that takes place all over the place. 

Basic CPR and triage has been taught within our team and can also be had via the same resources mentioned above.

Depending in the level that youvare seeking the Army Combat Lifesaver course is an option. I would go with their ranking of skills as Stop the Bleed, CLS and then TCCC. There is more avove this but thats beyond this discussion. I am actually an instructor for all of those including having taught PHTLS, CPR, BLS, and many other levels of emergency medicine.

Desertmedic,

I definitely would need to start at the beginning. I have no pryer training.

Desertmedic said:

Depending in the level that youvare seeking the Army Combat Lifesaver course is an option. I would go with their ranking of skills as Stop the Bleed, CLS and then TCCC. There is more avove this but thats beyond this discussion. I am actually an instructor for all of those including having taught PHTLS, CPR, BLS, and many other levels of emergency medicine.
Sorry got busy for a while. Here is a link to the Army Combat Lifesaver book. I recommend looking at the entire book but especially the back where it has supplies. Obtaining some to train with as well as having fresh stock or "go to war" supply is imperative. I am still in the process of getting enough extra supplies to run a "Stop the Bleed" course.

https://www.naemt.org/education/naemt-tccc/tccc-mp-guidelines-and-c... 

This link has the power point slides, skill sheets and course material for a TCCC course if you wanted to Just learn the skills your self with out any certification goal. Although I would highly suggest taking a emt course before trying to learn these skills. 

I took my emt course at peninsula college and they offer it in the fall quarter. It was supervised by the fire department so I would suggest talking to your local fire department and looking at local community colleges to see if they offer one too! I hope this helps. 

There is a company near Puyallup called Grey Solutions. I've taken their defensive pistol course before. I just noticed that they are now offering a beginning medical course. It's a 5 hour course on a Saturday. So if anyone near Puyallup is like me and looking to get med training, look them up. They also have other firearms courses too.

Thank you to all who welcomed me on discord! I'm still trying to figure out the website so unable to thank you there at this time.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gladiator 42/5/71.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service