I was having a conversation with Gladiator the other night and he brought something to my attention. He was talking about Naval Militias. I didn't think they ever existed, but after doing some digging and reading what Gladiator was telling me it is very true.

So far I have found a little bit about the east coast and southern Naval Militias. GA being one that I am reading now.

I think although the concept was lost over time due to the USA Navy and Marines the Militia aspect sort of just dissolved and not much recognition has been given to these units (groups).

From some of what I read on the GA Naval Militia they were being helped by the state. They even offered a ship for the Naval Militia to train and one official went on the training with them.

I am still gathering more information and I will share more as I get it. Here is a link to what I am looking at now. It's old and most likely way outdated, but at this is somewhat a foundation.

Oh and one last thing. Doesn't it just make sense for a state like Washington to have a Naval Militia that is not part of the Navy or any government department? How many folks have boats that can be fitted to operate as needed all up and down our coast? Just think about it.

http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Search/Home?lookfor=naval%20militia&a...

Views: 173

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

let's talk in person

I would like to know how you heard of me outside of my logo on this site. I need to learn who you are before we even talk in person.

BlackHorseMilitia said:

I would like to know how you heard of me outside of my logo on this site. I need to learn who you are before we even talk in person.

As you said; I only saw the logo and though that would be a good fit for me, i have a 38' Ingrid.

I am not real tech savvy, so my attempt to talk in person was for both of our pricey. 

do you want to discuss this further?

Is this discussion still going?  I am interested in making this happen.  No boat yet, but 17+ years Naval experience here to get this up and running.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Gladiator 42/5/71.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service